Saturday, May 05, 2012

Blogger Eats Posts

Let me begin by explaining the lack of a post for yesterday. When I woke up and went to start a draft, I noticed that part of Wednesday’s post was missing. I went in to editor to check it out and sure enough, part of the post had been deleted. So I filled it back in (disappointed with Blogger the whole time), only for me to re-publish it and more of the text and photos to disappear.

I searched and scoured and questioned wherever I could to get answers and sadly, there is nothing. Absolutely nothing about all the glitches I am experiencing (font changes in Thursday’s post did not take, but I cannot go back and edit for fear that that day’s post will begin to disappear, too) and of course, as far as my searching turned up, there is no way to contact the wo/men behind the curtain, except through the forum, wherein my post has remained un-commented on and really, the Blogger monkeys really aren’t necessarily going to be on there, helping people.

It’s a load of dirty dishwater and if by next week there is no improvement, I am going to have to move my blog to a place that is being reliable (so far, I have experienced no problems with using Wordpress, although Weebly’s blogging system has given me fits before—eating my drafts, for example). If all else fails, of course, I can always create my own site over at my old Webs’ account and host my blog there--it’d be a nice tribute to the undertaking that started it all, my first blog back in 2005.

Anyway, that’s all things I am going to have to consider over the weekend as I try to wrestle with Blogspot and get it to do its job.
 
 ***
As we were pulling out yesterday, on our way to our 4H meeting (the last for me, the last of the year for my younger siblings), I was told we had to go to Tractor Supply and the grocery store after the meeting. I was unaware of these stipulations and so I was unable to get to very much of my to-do list due to being away from the house for most of the day.
  • go to 4H, bring camera, show my project leader the broken screen, since I keep telling her I will;
  • school (consumer math, music, and history particularly);
  • clean up the mess known as the desk in the dining room;
  • vacuum the dirt rowdy cat spilled on the floor when she knocked over our plant;
  • vacuum stairs; and
  • work on the jewelry project
  • write, write, write* (Preferably write some to The Lion Seeker, consider Note to Self a little more, pester Tira about Conversations and/or MC Insanity Meets Middle-earth, and LJ’s 365 writing is a given.)
  • update Against the Tide and MyWritersCredo;
  • check Pages From My Notebook (Official);
  • rewrite my author profile on Fanfiction.net; and
  • post Days 1-4 of the work for that branch of Project 365 on FictionPress

The ones with the highlighted backgrounds are what I actually did do yesterday, the lighter green is as such because it was only partially done—I got Days 1-3 posted.

I planned on tackling more of that list today, only for my mom to have a list of things for me to do instead. So instead, all I've gotten done from my list was
  • vacuum the dirt rowdy cat spilled on the floor when she knocked over our plant
 About all that I would have the possibility of getting to tonight would be something with writing and/or school, but I’ll just have to see what comes. If I don’t spend time with my parents or work on essays for scholarships, that is.

Sadly, I haven’t taken any pictures today; I’ve been too busy with research, cleaning, cooking, etc., to look for some inspiration. However, the power went out last night (another reason I missed a post yesterday) and I got a lot of pictures of candles. Here are a few:












Before we left, I took a few pictures of one of our outdoor kitties. (She'd taken up residence on top of the car.) Later in the day, we made an unexpected stop at Lowes and I took advantage of it to get a few shots of the flowers. The lighting, mostly, as fantastic. Below are a few highlights.












I wish I had  more to say, but once again, I don’t. Blogger eating my post content really took the wind out of my sails the past two days.

No comments:

Post a Comment