Thursday, May 03, 2012

Back to the Ordinary—Already

I wasn’t up as early as I had hoped to be, due to a certain rowdy cat named Tempest and another kitty named Tegan, who both tore at the door and the carpet from inside and outside the room, respectively. Plus, despite the fact that I did not spend a lot of time out in the sun, I got burned yesterday (I am thinking the heavy winds whipping across the lake did it) and I could not get comfortable, even though I turned the temperature in the room down.

Oh, well.

Up at a quarter to 8:00 is actually pretty good when you consider the fact that I felt awful when I got up. Seriously, when I looked in the mirror, it was not pretty. Even my eyes were all red. Ew.

But I moved forward with the plans for the start of my day, even though I changed how I was going to do my hair at the last second (so not ridiculous of me to mention that, eh?). Originally, I was planning on doing youtube’s Loepsie’s Interlaced Braids, but I went with an impromptu, messy bun; I like how it turned out, all crazy.


Special thanks to my sister for taking the two back shots (there is one more below the explanation), because getting a shot in the downstairs’ bathroom mirrors just was not working out.

See?
This is my up-and-out-of-my-face-I’m-busy-being-domestic hair, as I have lots of cleaning to do today and it is meant to reflect that, sort of.

I started off with a pony tail base at the crown of my head, as close to the top as I could get it. (I had already twisted back my bangs and bobby-pinned them in place.) Then, I half-did a regular sock-bun with a thick hair band (you know the ones with a circle of cloth around the elastic?).  After the hair was secured around the sock, I took the remaining hair and split it into two strands, wrapping one around the bun in one direction and bobby-pinning it to the bun and the rest of my hair in any way I could; the other strand I wrapped in the opposite direction and bobby-pinned down as I could.

This is all done in a loose, messy, and even poofy manner.


Then I slid on a head band (just because I can, no other reason) and called it done.


When you’re busy around the house, what do you do with your hair?

***
After that I hopped in the shower for a quick, cold rinse, to take the sting out of my burns, and I had a flashback to the house we used to live in before we moved to the country. The house didn’t have good air conditioning and in the summers, I’d sometimes take cold showers in the middle of the day to cool off.

Weird little note, I know. But it’s something I haven’t thought about in a long time.

What do you do to cool off in the hot summers?

***

And then, when I was done with all my business in the bathroom, I was ready for breakfast!

First, I made my water. A few slices of lemon, a few slices of lime, and a few slices of cucumber for that refreshing, healthy taste. Then I warmed up my leftover soy-milk grits (soy-milk substituted for the water) I had made the other day that had a handful of sautéed almonds in it. I mixed a handful of cranberries and a 1/2 tsp. of truvia in plain Greek yogurt. After that, I whipped up a couple scrambled eggs with a few spoonfuls of plain Greek yogurt in it (instead of milk) and some parsley and a pinch of cheese on top.

All in all, it was delicious. I especially liked the eggs.

I told myself I wouldn’t be one of those people who takes pictures of their food and shares them with people, but then I thought, ah, why not?...





...nah. Just kidding.

But you can see my water.

A note about it not being centered—my camera has a busted screen and everything from about mid-point down is all black. A lot of guessing and trust goes into these pictures.
Fine. You can see it in colour.

Doesn’t that just look refreshing? It is.
***

Laundry’s a bummer. Who enjoys doing it...?

Nicky, so worn out after folding some towels.

...certainly not my little sister.

Still, I think laundry is better than dishes. Particularly when a certain little brother cooks egg in a regular skillet, instead of the non-stick one, and the residue scrambled eggs leave behind does not want to come off.

Really, though, I don’t mind doing dishes, but for some reasons, the rub for me is emptying the dishwasher. I guess I just don’t like to put away the dishes. Isn’t that silly? Even I can think so.

***

I actually managed to practice my piano today, but somehow I only managed to do so for 15 minutes. It’s so hard to keep it up for at least 30 minutes, though, because everyone is listening and I’m going over the same major scales—the repetition is bound to get old. My mom promised to show me how to play some actual songs, so I hope that’ll help.

I just need to be better at actually, you know, doing what I am supposed to be doing.

And on that note, I have a list of goals for tomorrow:
  • go to 4H, bring camera, show my project leader the broken screen, since I keep telling her I will;
  • school (consumer math, music, and history particularly);
  • clean up the mess known as the desk in the dining room;
  • vacuum the dirt rowdy cat spilled on the floor when she knocked over our plant;
  • vacuum stairs; and
  • work on the jewelry project
Yeah, that’s a nice list of goals. Hopefully I can conquer it all tomorrow, but I think that really depends on how long school takes and how long 4H keeps me away from the house.

Oh! You know what I forgot on that list?
  • write, write, write*
It’s so important, I wrote it three times. Yup. (*Preferably write some to The Lion Seeker, consider Note to Self a little more, pester Tira about Conversations and/or MC Insanity Meets Middle-earth, and LJ’s 365 writing is a given.)

I also forgot:
  • update Against the Tide and MyWritersCredo;
  • check Pages From My Notebook (Official);
  • rewrite my author profile on Fanfiction.net; and
  • post Days 1-4 of the work for that branch of Project 365 on FictionPress
I seem to have a full day. I wonder how much I will be able to accomplish. At least with this, I have the goals written down and the visual should help me see how far I got and what my overall plan had been by the end of the day.

Somewhere in all that, I’ve got to take a few pictures, just to keep up the momentum, even with a broken-screen camera.

***

This post seems rather empty of interesting tidbits, but I was so busy today, then I spent time watching Leverage with my parents, that I did not have enough time to finish filling this post in. Here’s to better days!

No comments:

Post a Comment